Sunday, June 20, 2010

When do we get to the fun stuff??

Everyone has been telling me just wait till you get to 12 weeks you are going to feel so much better! WRONG! They jinxed me! The day I turned 12 wks it was suddenly much worse! My nausea had now turned into vomiting. I was OK just feeling sick I can work through that. Having to run away to the bathroom in the middle of a blow dry is not working for me. Of course on top of being miserably sick I had one of my busiest weeks in months. Which is fantastic because we really needed the money but on the other hand was so hard on my body physically. On Friday I had a really rough day and when I got home I started running a fever. It started going up rapidly and got really scary because this could be really bad for the baby. So I went and took and ice bath (well as cold as I could stand it anyway). It reminded me of when I was a kid and my Mom would put my Dad's t-shirt in ice water and then make me put it on. I have never been fond of cold water and this was not any better of an experience as an adult! While in the bath the fever stopped going up but was not coming down. I was freaking out. I was up to 100.6 in the bath. I had decided if it got to 101 I was going to go to the ER! After 30 minutes in a miserably cold bath it started to come down. When it got below 100 I went to bed to get some much needed rest! The next day was yet another busy day. I only had to excuse myself from about half the clients. Somehow I made it through the day. I was never so happy to be done. I was so exhausted I didn't even feel like I could drive myself home! I started to run a low grade fever again but luckily the Tylenol did the trick and no ice bath needed this time! I was so relieved that we had no plans for the weekend. So I put myself on mandatory bed rest! I did not get up from the couch unless it was to go to bed. Today I was back at work and it was just the nausea again no vomiting! Yeah! Never thought I would say yeah to nausea! I am thinking that maybe I got a little stomach bug or something. Either way I am so sick of being sick! I cant wait for the fun stuff! I am late on my photo because I was so sick at 12 weeks the last thing I wanted is to take my picture. It's still a little haggard but hey it's reality! so this is 12wks 5 days! Then just for comparison 9 weeks again. No I swear I'm not just sucking it in and then sticking it out! What a difference a couple weeks can make! I am actually starting to look pregnant not just fat! ;)



1 comment:

  1. My baby girl is having a baby!! I love it!
    Mom... :)

    ReplyDelete