Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our little peanut

We had our first prenatal appointment today! It was very exciting to see the ultra sound for the first time! The baby was a little smaller than I thought it would be. All my websites said that the legs and arms would be developed by now but ours were just little nubs. We still got to see and hear the heart beat. It made it a little more real but I am looking forward to the times where it looks more like a baby than a blob of white and grey. I went maternity shopping yesterday for the first time. Since I am no longer fitting in most of my clothes. (well comfortably anyway) I knew my boobs were huge right now but I had no idea I bought a bra that was a 40F holy moly! I am normally a 36D. I still have a little room to grow into it but it's still crazy to think it's only just begun! I asked the midwife if any part of the major pooch I have is baby. Everyone keeps telling me it's impossible that i am showing. She said that it is from the baby growing inside and pushing my intestine out a little bit. This made me feel a little better. Jeremy got to come with me for the first appointment. I'm glad he did. I was pleasantly surprised that he had some question of his own. He probably won't be able to come to all the appointment but it was nice to have him at the first. We'll see which others he can make it to. So all and all things are going well. I have still been really sick all the time but I am hoping that will pass with the first trimester!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it so frustrating to feel like you're showing and then you read the books and it says the baby is like the size of a quarter or something, and you're like NO WAY! haha! I can totally relate though!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete